7,025 yards/slope 145 to 4,953 yards/slope
Exclusive to members of The Greenbrier Sporting Club, The Snead
Course, designed by Tom Fazio and opened in 2004, was voted #3
in its list of "Best New Private Golf Courses in America." Named
after the legendary Sam Snead (1912 - 2002), The Snead was once the
location of a landing strip adjacent to The Greenbrier's golf
courses and was part of the early evacuation planning during the
Cold War. Today, this resident's-only golf course has five
sets of tees. The practice range can accommodate up to 30 golfers
at once - featuring target greens, simulated holes as well as a
short game section including fairway, green and bunker shots.
information on The Greenbrier Sporting Club
Be the first to receive news and special offers from the Casino Club, with exclusive advantages and reward credits only Player's Club members can enjoy.
James Monroe visited White Sulphur Springs with his wife in August 1815 while he was Secretary of State. His physician ordered him to “take the waters” to regain his health.
Ulysses S. Grant visited White Sulphur Springs in 1874. It was a brief visit early in the season as he was traveling west by railroad.
Woodrow Wilson spent his Easter vacation in April 1914 at The Greenbrier. He played golf on the Old White Course. He also divided his December 1915 honeymoon with Edith Bolling Galt between The Greenbrier and The Homestead.
William Howard Taft vacationed at White Sulphur Springs during his 1908 campaign for the presidency. He was feted at a grand ball in the ballroom of the Old White Hotel.
Dwight D. Eisenhower hosted the North American Summit Conference at The Greenbrier March 26-28, 1956. He was also at the resort three times in World War II when The Greenbrier was used as an Army hospital. Once he was admitted as a patient and the other times he was here with Mrs. Eisenhower for rest and relaxation.