The Greenbrier Clinic offers a
wide variety of specialized testing. The Clinic's fully accredited
laboratory conducts a nearly unlimited number of test procedures
with modern, highly accurate instrumentation. The laboratory also
saves valuable time for physicians and patients: 98% of all
procedures ordered are performed on the premises, and 95% are
reported on the day they are ordered. Our Laboratory has just
been awarded by COLA, the highest commendation "The LABORATORY
EXCELLENCE AWARD" for their outstanding performance in quality
patient testing and overall exemplary application of the principles
of laboratory practices.
In the Radiology Department, our radiologist and staff of
technologists can provide virtually any type of diagnostic x-ray or
ultrasound. A state-of-the-art 16-slice CT scanner that
allows clinic physicians to complement their thorough history and
physical examination with preventive cardiovascular screening, as
well as, detailed diagnostic imaging of the brain, chest, abdomen,
and pelvis if indicated.
An Ambulatory Surgery Center is located in the Clinic
complex. This facility is staffed by a board certified
gastroenterologist and a highly trained professional staff that
provides colonoscopy and other endoscopic procedures.
The Noninvasive Laboratory, supervised by the Clinic's
certified cardiologist, offers cardiac stress testing, radionuclear
cardiac imaging, echocardiography, carotid Doppler and ultrasound
testing for peripheral vascular disease.
Appointments may be scheduled using our online form or by contacting our appointment hotline, 800-362-7798.
Combine a relaxing, luxurious holiday with the Clinic's unparalleled diagnostic evaluation and care with these unique packages.
James Monroe visited White Sulphur Springs with his wife in August 1815 while he was Secretary of State. His physician ordered him to “take the waters” to regain his health.
Ulysses S. Grant visited White Sulphur Springs in 1874. It was a brief visit early in the season as he was traveling west by railroad.
Woodrow Wilson spent his Easter vacation in April 1914 at The Greenbrier. He played golf on the Old White Course. He also divided his December 1915 honeymoon with Edith Bolling Galt between The Greenbrier and The Homestead.
William Howard Taft vacationed at White Sulphur Springs during his 1908 campaign for the presidency. He was feted at a grand ball in the ballroom of the Old White Hotel.
Dwight D. Eisenhower hosted the North American Summit Conference at The Greenbrier March 26-28, 1956. He was also at the resort three times in World War II when The Greenbrier was used as an Army hospital. Once he was admitted as a patient and the other times he was here with Mrs. Eisenhower for rest and relaxation.